Four Seasons Resort & Residences
Eco-luxury reimagined—the first Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Resort in Central and South America
COSTA RICA’S PENINSULA PAPAGAYO UNVEILS NEXT PHASE OF COMMUNITY-WIDE TRANSFORMATION
Latin America’s Unrivalled Luxury Resort and Residential Community Debuts New Bike-Share Program, Discovery-Based Explorations, Resort Enhancements and More
MORE THAN $100 MILLION INVESTMENT IN NEW AMENITIES, ADVENTURES & ENHANCEMENTS
GUANACASTE – Peninsula Papagayo, a 1,400-acre premier resort and residential community on the north Pacific coast of Costa Rica, today announces the next phase of its more than $100 million transformation led by international luxury hospitality and residential real estate investment and development firm, Gencom. As part of a singular vision to connect its remarkable 11 miles of coastline from end to end for the first time while honoring the local culture and fostering a true sense of community rooted in wellness and sustainability, Peninsula Papagayo is introducing new awe-inspiring adventures, lifestyle amenities and resort enhancements for residents and guests of Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica and Andaz Costa Rica Resort.
“Peninsula Papagayo is an extraordinary destination where rich biodiversity and vivid landscapes meet the highest levels of geo-luxury across Latin America,” said Donald McGregor, Senior Vice President of Development and Managing Director for the Latin America region for Gencom, the developer of Peninsula Papagayo. “With our new line-up of amenities and experiences for everyone on Peninsula Papagayo to enjoy, we are nurturing a strong and cohesive community across the 1,400 acres of this private peninsula.”
All-new peninsula-wide enhancements that are being introduced through 2018 include:
• Papagayo Explorers Club – Papagayo Explorers Club, the destination’s program of exclusive land, ocean, aerial and cultural immersion adventures that debuted earlier in 2018, has added new eco-adventures that showcase the mesmerizing nature, culture and spirit of Peninsula Papagayo and the surrounding Guanacaste region. Led by local expert guides, biologists, naturalists and translators, Papagayo Explorers Club now offers more than 25 only-here adventures. New experiences include a “Cacao Volcano Expedition” that grants rare access via 4×4 vehicles to a protected crater of an inactive volcano that houses Costa Rica’s lowest-altitude cloud forest and a guided naturalist hike to an active research station on the rim of the crater.
• Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica – This Forbes five-star luxury resort will debut new and reimagined spaces in November 2018 from the renowned Meyer Davis design firm that create new experiences of unveiling discovery while enhancing the resort’s $35 million renovation from December 2017. A spectacular new private concierge lounge will feature a moss art wall that weaves in the peninsula’s lush landscape and interactive screens that showcase activities and explorations at the resort and across Peninsula Papagayo. The re-imagined spa will offer a serene arrival experience with illuminated lanterns; a new pre-treatment relaxation lounge and post-treatment indoor cabanas; elevated men’s and women’s locker rooms with new steam rooms, private showers and an outdoor terrace with hydrotherapy pools; spa treatment rooms with options including waterfall showers, private sauna and steam rooms, whirlpool tubs and ocean views; a Hammam room for unique Turkish bath experiences; new ayurvedic spa treatments and much more. Additional resort enhancements include a new poolside juice bar and a revitalized fitness and wellness center with a new design, state-of-the-art Technogym equipment and enhanced exterior space for ocean-view classes.
• Papagayo Bike-Share Program – Peninsula Papagayo’s new bike-share program launched in August 2018 and features a fleet of 60 electric-assist bikes that make it easier and more fun to explore the peninsula from end to end. This new peninsula-wide mobility program is in partnership with Bewegen Technologies and offers GPS-enabled pedelec bikes and seven docking stations across the 1,400 acres.
• Peninsula Papagayo Golf Clubhouse – A newly-imagined golf clubhouse and signature restaurant– marking more than 10 reimagined dining destinations soon available across Peninsula Papagayo – will open in November 2018 following a renovation by international design studio Denton House. The new design will pair rustic and geometric shapes with rich materials including teak, leather and stone to create a casually elegant environment that evokes the local Costa Rican culture.
• Andaz Costa Rica Resort – Launching in time for festive season, Andaz Costa Rica Resort will transform a vintage Volkswagen Kombi van into an Instagram-worthy poolside bar at the resort’s main pool deck. A new Nimbus tender will ferry guests between the resort and new Andaz Beach House, also available for private tours and sunset cruises.
• Marina Village – A new gourmet market and reimagined Dive Bar will open in November 2018 at the marina village which is an emerging hub and gathering spot overlooking Culebra Bay. The marina village is just steps from Marina Papagayo, the destination’s 180-slip premier superyacht marina.
• Camp Jaguar – This new daily outdoor nature program is tailored for explorers ages 12-16 and encourages self-discovery and confidence, meeting new friends and establishing meaningful connections to the undiscovered wilds of Peninsula Papagayo. Led by trained local experts, Camp Jaguar offers extreme forest adventures, ocean sports excursions, survival training, water safety courses and more. The Camp Jaguar program is available from November to April as well as in July and August.
Peninsula Papagayo is located 25 minutes from Liberia International Airport, which offers more than 100 weekly flights seasonally from major cities in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and across Central America. It is home to 11 miles of dramatic coastline, eight miles of majestic bluff edges, seven sandy beaches and one of the few tropical dry forests on the planet.
# # #
Founded in 1987 by Karim Alibhai, Gencom is a U.S.-based investment firm that owns and operates prized real estate around the world, with an emphasis on luxury hotels, resorts and residential properties. Iconic properties include Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami in Fla., The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch in Colorado and Rosewood Tucker’s Point in Bermuda. Headquartered in Miami, Gencom is fully integrated, with expertise in virtually every aspect of development, acquisition, financing, asset management and the sale of hospitality properties. Gencom has had success developing, purchasing and exiting single assets and hotel portfolios, as well as in creating, purchasing and growing hospitality platform investments throughout the United States, Caribbean and Europe. For more information about Gencom, please visit http://www.gencomgrp.com
Niki Jensen | Murphy O’Brien Public Relations
[email protected] | 310.453.2539